Sunday, April 25, 2010

Once upon a Mermaid

I went for a swim in the ocean, it was a fine afternoon, the sun was setting creating a pink magical glow in the sky, the waves were rolling in. Along came a little girl, I would say she was about eight years old, edging her way closer to me, she cheerly said 'Hi , Im a Mermaid'. With a smile I replied 'So am I', I live under the sea with other mermaids, babies and doctors she replied. She went under the wave and came back up, 'that’s what mermaids do best' she said. It was sad when I eventually had to retreat out of the water. She was just beautiful, and she certainly made my day. I do hope she stays just as sweet as she was. The funny thing was I couldnt really see her parent around, and once I left the water and returned to my towel, she was gone. Perhaps she was a mermaid after all? Perhaps magical things do happen?
You just have to believe... Love and Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment