Sunday, July 4, 2010

Patch of Sky



And far...and high...I see a patch of sky


I'd rather be the gypsy...I'd rather be the gypsy


Whose camped at the edge of town-Camped at the edge of town


The one who has the dancing bear


That follows him around.


And he lifts his big foot up;


He puts his big foot down
And bows...and twirls...


And dances 'round and 'round.


I found I was a cabin boy last night as I did dream


Bound upon a magic ship for a land I'd never seen.


And the moon she filled our sails;


And the stars they steered our course;


And on our bow there was a golden horse.


The queen eats fruit and candy; the bishop nuts and cheese


And when I am a grown man, I'll taste just what I please-


The honey from the bee, the shellfish from the sea,


The earth, the wind, a girl, someone to share these things with me.
Photography; lookingatebonyandivory.tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment